This project is the official university app for Monash University in Melbourne Australia, the biggest university in the country with an enrolment of more than 40k students. The project comprises an iOS app, Android app and a variety of supporting web services that were written in Ruby on Rails and PHP.
The app frequently hits the #1 spot in Education on the Australian app store, during university semester time and serves more than 100k requests a day from students. The app was also featured in the The Age newspaper shortly after release.
Included features are:
- Student timetable, including week and month calendar views
- Map of all 5 campuses, include floor-plan level mapping for each building level
- Timetable integrated into map, showing exact room location of all student classes
- Live shuttle bus timetables, and integration with Public Transport Victoria API for live bus timetables
- Library search functionality, including library loans management and library opening hours
- Streaming student lectures in video and audio formats, including personalised hourly-updating feed for each student
- Integration with Moodle e-learning platform where students can view/download assignment, tutorial and lecture PDFs and other documents
- Campus news/events/notices and staff directory search for phone numbers, locations